Friday 25 July 2008

Sun, Sand, Fences and Fancies

Beautiful, hot, stifling day today. I took the dogs for their usual walk but took few pictures. To be honest, I was still suffering from all the walking at the beach yesterday.

The dogs get very excited at walk time When I sit to put on my boots, they all come to me. Bear, today, put both front feet on my lap (his head then level with mine). Not to be outdone, Trickster then climbed on his back.


We were in Cleethorpes yesterday. Here's some barbed wire and metal fencing...



There's something wrong about the grammar of this sign - I just can't put my metaphorical finger on it.



This has to be the best yoghurt in the world - Activa fig flavour. Wonderful!

The block of postcards behind are ones I had done for An Ungodly Child.

Please e-mail me your address at leatherdykeuk (at) gmail (dot) com if you want one. Offer valid for a week or so.







Finally today, in recognition that I'm not going to be able to do martial arts any time soon, my wall sheet of atemi points was replaced today by a sheet of
Characters for an Epic Tale

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a redundancy on the bottom line of the beach placard. Maybe that's what you're seeing. Loved the Epic characters:)

Rachel Green said...

The scary bit is that I have 70% of those characters in my current WIP!

aims said...

Hmmm - where to start.

24C is hot to you? (getting this from Diary of course)

I thought it was the thing about the children...

You have my email address

I think I read somewhere that you had suffered some kind of injury. Care to elaborate?

I'm assuming the Epic Tale is not yours then?

(not allowed any dairy on our diet - but have lost 17 lbs so far so can't really complain - but my fingernails have turned into soft mush without cheese)

Rachel Green said...

Far too hot, yes! 18 degrees is quite sufficient!

Children? Yes, that's what I thought. As if they were left luggage.

I could scan and send, yes, but I was talking about physically posting people cards ;)

I broke my right ankle last November and my left foot last may. Both while doing Jiu-jitsu. The ankle healed but I cant stay upright for more than 30 minutes any more.

The illustration was one I found on the internet - it's a humourous look at the make up of an epic novel ;)

Good for you! I'm just hugely fat.

aims said...

Alright then - will email you my addy - what a dunce I can be sometimes...

and Rachel - you're not fat at all - what the hell are you talking about - you want to see fat? I can probably find you some pics...mostly Americans I would say - but it's happening here too!

Rachel Green said...

Excellent! I'll post one out for you.

I'm overweight, that's what matters to me!