Tuesday 19 August 2008

Violet Skips

.
Remember the dismantled sheds and how I was too chicken to ask for the bits? Well I should have. This was outside the shop yesterday. Most of two sheds and, alas, a marble fire surround that would have made a great garden bench.





A faded English Rose in the cemetery bin,
all the way from Taiwan or China.

I didn't rescue them ;)







Finally a late violet, self seeded in the bay tree pot.
The weed between it and the bay tree is a folk remedy for curing warts. It works, too.

4 comments:

aims said...

I can't believe you were too chicken to go and ask! I would never have thought that of you Rachel. Wow! I'm surprised.

Too bad....good stuff to be had there.

I do love the irony of the faded English Rose...

And a plant for curing warts? Luckily - touch my head - I have not had the need for it.

You have your phone back then?

Rachel Green said...

I'm too socialphobic!

I have the phone but not the lead. I bluetoothed these to DK who took them off her phone and e-mailed me.

BT said...

Oh aims, that's exactly what I was going to put, word for word!

It's along time since I had warts, I had to have some removed in hospital when I was at school! Gruesome it was too.
xx

aims said...

Well Gina - I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this. Rachel too chicken? Pffffft - incredible!

And socialphobic....I don't know Rach...that's an easy way out. Now you're kicking yourself you missed out on all that good stuff....see!
I hate having to approach people - but once I get my ass moving I know I'm in for it and just try and make a joke out of it or make myself look silly - just to get the job done. But I have a good excuse. The mental thing and all that...what's yours Rachel?

And don't tell me it's the way you look as you are beautiful!