Wednesday 17 September 2008

Queen's Park Benches

More images from Queen's Park

Here's a bench by a big recycling bin. Much as I appreciate the concept of bins next to benches, need they be quite so intrusive?



Here are the tracks for the miniature railway that runs on sunny bank holidays.


One of the rather striking display beds. The gardeners work very hard in the park.


More train tracks and the lake.







The gazebo, off the beaten track in a little dead-end.



and it has a bench, too.







This is the bench from picture #1. looking much better without the huge bin being visible from this angle



More benches, this time to watch the cricket from.




Final shot from the gazebo.

6 comments:

aims said...

What an absolutely beautiful park!

Is it far from your house? I note Bear once more enjoying himself....

Made me want to be there Rachel.

Rachel Green said...

Not far at all - between home and town, in fact. 15 minutes' walk.

BT said...

Great benchy photos Rach. I've been on that train a few times! Did you send them to 'Benches' blog?
xx

Rachel Green said...

I didn't, actually - I didn't think them interesting enough.

BT said...

I like the red 'handles', they're interesting!

Rachel Green said...

They are rather :)