Friday 3 October 2008

Art and dead leaves

Bright and sunny today, so our walk through the cemetery was dappled with sunshine through the leaves.

The dogs (Trickster especially) were enamoured of the line of dry leaves on the edge of the road.






I've shown you these before but they are particularly attractive today. A nice composition, I thought.




This was plain odd (and curse the car that got in the way).
It appears to be a (grain? Missile?) silo at the bottom of Eyre Street in Clay Cross. On the side is stencilled:
TWO WRONGS
MAKE A
RIOT
I've e-mailed the local council to find out more.



Just a yummy picture really.

Conkers, hanging from the Borth mirror

5 comments:

aims said...

You've obviously sent the rain over to us then Rachel.

I wonder what the history is behind putting gates on a cemetery. Do you happen to know?

And finding out what that thing is is going to be very interesting. Let us know.

Again - 'the council' stumps me. I can't seem to understand what they are and what to compare them to over here.

Rachel Green said...

Sorry for the weather! I think gates have always been there - once to keep the dead in and to make a barrier of 'respect' and these days to keep the vandals out.

The Council are the town planning committee? a town-sized state department, perhaps? The local government organisation that the mayor works for -- though we have no ex-actor Mayors in the UK.

DK said...

ooer, perhaps it's a secret entrance to a Torchwood type operation? ;-)

aims said...

I guess it is what we call the 'town council' here then. That thought came to me out of the blue yesterday. The mayor - and all the people we vote in to help direct the proceedings of the town. They all gather in the 'town hall' here and do their jobs.

Same thing?

And DK? Where are you hiding? I'm missing your blogging.

Rachel Green said...

Ah! That's be it.

You should friend her on Flickr. She's always uploading pics.