Thursday 9 October 2008

Blooming Flowers and Mad dogs

Why there's a clump of pampas grass on the wetland field I don't know.

Fuchsias still flowering in the garden








as are the nasturtiams



I got this at the weekend. I had just enough in gift vouchers for it, and it's signed, too.






Garden spider.


This ARC arrived but I have no idea where it came from. Did I win it or am I reviewing it for someone?
YA,




In Other News I lost Jack today. He ran off chasing the scent of a dog or fox or something. I called and called but he didn;t come back. I gave up after an hour and went home, called Luisa. Nothing she could do, but I had to tell somebody. He has his tag, but the number on it is DK's mobile, currently switched off for the next 10 days in the Buddhist retreat.

Another hour went by and I put on coat and shoes to look for him again (in a lot of pain, I might add), open the door and he shoots in, covered in mud with a half-closed eye. Super. I phoned Luisa to tell her.

He's fine now.

6 comments:

BT said...

Phew, so glad you found Jack, or rather that he returned. Buster stayed out all night one night when I was in the UK. Poor Jim. He was at the Dillons place, through the wood. Had been fed and was as happy as can be. Blooming dogs!!

Rachel Green said...

They don't care, do they? They go off having fun and we're left imagining all kinds of tragedies.

spacedlaw said...

I thought only cats did that. And then walk in as if nothing at all had ever been the matter.
Good thing he did come back though...

Rachel Green said...

Indeed!
Luisa was frantic - he's her dog, technically.

aims said...

The little rascal! What was wrong with his eye Rachel? OMG! I would have fallen apart and the pit of my stomach would have been a solid cold rock from fear.

btw - that is one fat spider! And a signed copy - sigh!

Rachel Green said...

I think he got it poked. He's fine today.