Thursday 2 October 2008

A Brief Visit to the Market

As a matter of fact, I wanted to go to Waterstones to find The Hunt for the Seventh by Christine Morton-Shaw but they didn't have it in. I'd have ordered it online but for having a book token in my purse. Still, Sue and I have a very brief walk past some of the stalls and we both bought spring bulbs (and I spent too much again)

Why do people make angel figurines but not demons? Isn't that racism?


Bollards are so shaped because the originals were made from captured French and Spanish cannons.






Guess what Ifound when I took the dogs for a walk?

Horse Chestnut seeds
bright with the promise of life
scattered in hedgerows.

Cheerful daisies.

Does anyone recognise them? I'd like to order some seed for next year.

4 comments:

spacedlaw said...

Lucio Bubacco does Venitian glass devil figurines

Rachel Green said...

Oh! They're so lovely!
Thanks for the link.

aims said...

Your market looks like something that would be calling my name if I was over there.

Is it a market that appears in the spring and disappears at the end of fall?

Rachel Green said...

No - It's every Thursday, unless the weather is really bad.