Saturday 11 October 2008

a dAY OF dOINGS

Windy with a colander sky today. Bits of blue on occasion.

These are two of the poplar trees in the cemetery.

Jack managed to get a leaf stuck on his nose.






The Shoo-fly plant (Nicandra physaloides Solanaceae) is still flowering.

A sign of Autumn.
Solar lights de-batteried and gathered in for the winter.






Trickster barked so much through the fence today that I tied her to the bench while I worked. Bear elected to keep her company. He's not tied up.


I got a water butt for my birthday last August. Today I spent £36.04 (Luisa donated £10 of that) on guttering and fittings to finally set it up.

It took a while, and the down pipe goes through the fence but here it is.


I then spent two hours on the outside canopy structure. I don't smoke, but others do and guests do. Not finished yet.

After that I ached, so a shower and TV (watched on the PC).
Here's last night's 'Numb3rs'


And this is my 'to be read urgently' pile.

4 comments:

spacedlaw said...

Terry Pratchett! No reading pile should be without one.

Rachel Green said...

That's waiting for a review -- I read it in Cornwall. Not his best, alas.

aims said...

Did I tell you that I am listening to audio books while I knit? ALL of them are Terry Pratchett. Every single one of the Rim World series. Don't know where The Man found them but I think I'm on book # 13 right at the moment. Read by Nigel Planer. What a fantastic voice for telling a story!

Love Jack's expression! And the water butt. Now what will you do with it? Water the plants? Wash your hair?

We just put in our sidewalk lights. Not solar. We don't get enough sun (believe it or not) to generate a good enough light. I was always disappointed with the solar ones. So these are in and on a timer. We also bought a length of those brilliant rope lights (home depot - $35) and wrapped a tree with it - way up along a branch. We want to get another strand and do another limb - but the result is stunning!

Rachel Green said...

The rope lights sound fab!

The water butt is by the greenhouse for watering.

I have all of pTerry's novels :)