Sunday 5 October 2008

Gravestones and Apple Pie

It's interesting to see the cemetery reclaim the untended cremation plots (incidentally, did you know that no Christian should be cremated? They should be buried whole to wait for the Rapture).

The grass creeps over the stone, taking it back into the earth and obscuring the lettering. Marvelous.

Here's Annah Abbe
and Red Hasleh


and Roy Bidd.


Wet roads and a watery sun.








When we helped Aimee's parents take down their old conservatory (they were giving it to us but we couldn't afford to erect it) I found this rat skull down the side of the wall. Her dad brought it up for us when they visited yesterday.


Nice to see plants still flowering this late in the year.
I've no idea what this is, as it grew from a packet of mixed wild flower seed I spread about.




Finally, in between the visitors and writing for the Grail Write-a-thon in aid of charity, I made apple pie yesterday afternoon.

Alas, I had no sponsorship for the six stories I wrote. I'll have to send than some money instead.

6 comments:

spacedlaw said...

Cool skull (and wonderful looking apple pie)

aims said...

It's burn and pitch for me - think I've mentioned this before.

What I didn't mention was that my younger sister was really pissed at me because the rapture didn't happen when it was suppose to - about 6 years ago now - and I was still here. Made her very angry.

Have a piece with ice cream for me.

DK said...

smashing post, love the pies and the skull especially!

Nom nom. Er, to the pies that is. lol

Rachel Green said...

Ha! to the rapture! As if!

Georgina said...

I find untended graves very sad. Just pack me up in a cardboard box and plant me under a tree.

The apple pie looks great! I can't wait to get back to the YUK and I'd have some whipped cream with it. Can you believe in the land of gourmet food you can't get a cream that goes thick!

Thanks for visiting my blog and the comment, I'll be back later to look more. I've a Sunday dinner to cook. Debs x

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Debs. I prefer runny cream, personally ;)

I love your blog.