Monday 13 October 2008

House and Garden


I forgot my camera when I went for a walk today. Probably just as well because it was dreary and overcast. Now it's sunny!

Lusa had the day off work to take herself and Aimee to the dentist.


The roof corner
Still life with plastic chair.


Until yesterday this was the video shelves. We don't have a VCR so they all went into the loft. Instead my 'To Be Read' piles which were on the cabinet next to the old sofa in the study have been moved. This is now the 'To be read (standard size books) bookcase'.


This sofa throw is 15-20 years old and used to be the canopy for my four-poster bed. I don't want to just throw it away. Any suggestions?

The new sofa, courtesy of Aimee.

8 comments:

spacedlaw said...

I thought I was bad with my "to read" pile but I see now that I am a rank amateur!

Rachel Green said...

I also have 'Urgent: To read' (7 books) and 'Outsize: To read' (5 books)

aims said...

Ya - you're too read pile far outranks mine...wow! And mine sits beside my bed in 3 piles...not my usual style.

I'm putting my mind to work on that piece of material. I think if you asked Melanie over at Jellybeanangel that she'd have a super idea for it. She comes up with all types of things. It'd be a shame to have it just disappear.

btw - Melanie is very easy to ask questions of.....she won't mind - I can almost guarantee it!

Rachel Green said...

That's sweet of you, thanks.

I have limited sewing skills, however!

Anonymous said...

Hi just got to puta and saw Aim's message so I popped over.

Off the top of my head what about cutting out the central sun shape and using "Heat and Bond" iron it to another bit of fabric and sew around the edge- banket stitch? With the undamaged panels of the zodiac, what about doing the same so you can personalise something like a place mat, or bag, cup mat. If you fancy 3d with them, link them together and add a circle to the narrower edge and hem the top edge for a bowl lining. You could make it into a bowl if you did one for the inner and one for the outer and then wadding as a lining. If you want it fairly stiff iron heavily. I did some bird houses like this and they turned out fine. Sorry all I can think of off the top of my head at midnight.

Rachel Green said...

Thank you so much for the ideas, Melanie. I'll have a play and let you know what i come up with.

aims said...

Melanie's ideas gave me something now too Rachel.

Her idea of cutting out the good parts and ironing stiffing onto them. You could also iron them onto something flat and stiff and then join them at the top and bottom and make a hanging module out of it (like a windchime I guess)

Rachel Green said...

That's an idea too, Aims. I 'll have to have a good think about it.