Sunday 2 November 2008

Poetry Chapbook 02a


Moving Day

What’s lurking in the basement?
What’s creeping down the stair?
What’s tapping on the casement?
What’s pulling at my hair?

This house is creepy, daddy (can I have a doll?)
This house is haunted, daddy (can we have a cat?)
This house is scary, daddy (may I have a ball?)
This house is breathing daddy (I can see a bat!)

Who’s calling for her mummy?
Who’s knocking at the door?
What’s pressing on my tummy?
Why’s blood upon the floor?

This house is sighing, daddy (can I have a bear?)
This house is bleeding, daddy (can we have a dog?)
This house is crying, daddy (do you even care?)
This house is feeding daddy (filling up with fog)

Who’s screaming in the attic?
Who’s sobbing in the hall?
Who’s making all that racket?
I don’t like it here at all!

Daddy?


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your talent continues to amaze me, Rachel.

Rachel Green said...

Thank you both :)

BT said...

Wonderful poem Rach.

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Gina :)

aims said...

Oh My God!

Where does this come from my friend?

I'm blown away! I want to say - Jesus Wept! (which I have not said in months!)

Stunned over here. Stunned!

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Aims.

The 'house' will be eventually revealed as Laverstone Manor ;)