Thursday 26 February 2009

Jimmy on the Wagon

Quite why he thought the need to diet, nobody could say,
but Jimmy Parker bought a book – began that very day
“Away with burgers, chips and fries and all that stands between
the healthy and good looking chap that my mum had said I’d been.
From now on I’ll eat carrots and a cup of steaming rice
I’ll stay away from chocolate bars and everything that’s nice.
When I go out to restaurants, a salad I’ll devour
instead of birianis and a nan with leavened flour.”
His mother asked the doctor who responded with a sigh
“He misread my report,” he said. “I wrote that Jim should die.”

6 comments:

Quink said...

Very funny - like the twist.

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Quink

aims said...

Very good indeed!

Gawds! If I saw that on my doctor's report I don't know if I'd be dieting or changing my name and wearing dark glasses.

Rachel Green said...

A second opinion would be nice!

BT said...

Oh poor Jim!!

Unknown said...

Super! I think I would like to misread that report!