Monday 9 March 2009

Harry the Law


There was a point in Harry’s life
with two choices like a fork in the road
One to be normal, grow up, get a wife,
or the other, where his seed remained unsowed.

Contrary to his crowd of peers,
Harry chose the thinner of the trails
and despite his mother’s never-ending fears
steered his way through life as if on rails.

“I want to be a lawyer,” Harry said,
“and make my money winning every case”
and to that end he studied hard and read
the documents that paved the legal race.

His studies culminated in his digs
with pentagram and tallow candles fine,
when summoned demons brought him powdered wigs
and trained him to plead Devil v. Divine.

9 comments:

aims said...

Some times you just have to pay the piper.

Rachel Green said...

I'm not going to ask Jasfoup for a tune...

spacedlaw said...

That is cheating, surely...
Is there a word missing (or a letter too many) in "and to that end her studied hard and read"?

Rachel Green said...

Only a little bit of cheating!

You're right! *edits*

Gail said...

I like the twist!

BT said...

Oh, I see! I thought the illustration looked rather feminine! Super and funny.

Oh, the word verification is 'nomsh', sounds like DK talking about food!

BT said...

Having re-read with the edit, have I got it all wrong???

Rachel Green said...

I just have a habit of drawing women, Gina!

Unknown said...

Super! I kept reading and re-reading with my own interpretations. Loved it!