Thursday 7 May 2009

DK’s Musical Musings.


When I’m a little older than I was just yesterday
there a very special thing I want to learn to play
I’d need a bigger house perhaps, and neighbours not at home
‘cause when I grow up I want to play a shiny saxophone.

I’d play it in the night time when the neighbours are asleep
and I’d ignore their shouting and the suicidal leap
of kitties from the rooftops and the howling of the dogs
and play a note so sweet and pure the gods would give me snogs.

I’d play it on the corner when the kids came out of school
and embarrass all the grandkids who ignore me as a rule.
I’d take it on the bus with me and play it in the park
and play when the perverts are all lurking in the dark.

And when I’ve puffed all I puff and blown all I can blow
I’ll pick up my six stringed guitar and have another go.
When finger pads are bleeding and I’ve had enough of that,
I’ll buy a grand piano for my little council flat.


Watercolour and ink
3 1/2 x 2 1/2
$25

6 comments:

DK said...

whoo hoo it's me! ~bounce~

I love you wyfe xxx

BT said...

Oh that did make me laugh, love poem, such fun!

Rachel Green said...

Thanks you Gina :)

aims said...

I tell you - you're raising my glum spirits today dear friend.

*laughing over here at this one too*

Unknown said...

That's marvellous! Well done!

Rachel Green said...

Thank you both :)