Wednesday 17 June 2009

And fades into the past

Remember these sheds on Bramshill Rise?

I remarked how delighted I was to see them, and how beautiful I thought them.



Now they are being dismantled. The council have paid a vast sum for ‘professional dismantlers’ (three blokes and a transit van) who are very sensibly wearing coveralls and masks to remove the asbestos, but stand to make a tidy profit on the steel structures beneath.

You should have seen how cross the chap on the roof (obviously the gaffer) became when I took the photograph. You can’t tell who they are, and their van was unmarked, but it’s a good indication they were up to no good.

Bless ‘em.

9 comments:

Shullie said...

hmmm I think I would call the council and let then know.. as a good citizen and all that... looks more like a bakc hander job to me.... they be after the lead of the church roof next!

Rachel Green said...

You may well be right!

aims said...

Why would he be cross if they weren't up to no good? Curiouser and curiouser.

Rachel Green said...

Curious indeed!

Unknown said...

*laughs* Now you've got a real life mini-mystery on your hands. ;)

spacedlaw said...

Shame about the sheds.
But shady characters, that lot...

Rachel Green said...

Shady characters indeed.

You watch: next week there'll be a house there.

BT said...

Oh how sad, still if they had asbestos, they would have to go I suppose.

Rachel Green said...

Indeed. More profit to sell than re-roof.