Monday 24 August 2009

Misconstrued


I called today
but you were
otherwise engaged –
the red Cavalier in the drive
the bedroom curtains closed
the washing line empty
so I let myself in
(through the back door
into the kitchen)
and I heard
your moaning and thrashing
and your "please... please..."
so I made a cup of tea
and ate the biscuits from your cupboard
and left the cup in the sink

and it was only later
that I found out what
'home invasion' meant.


Image: "Looking into Darkness" Watercolour £20

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ouch! Wonderful. The sting at the end is brilliant.

aims said...

ahem. I drive a red Cavalier. Two door perhaps?

Rachel Green said...

Thank you ladies.

Something I learned about haiku was to be precise!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic. Love the ending. Well, the whole thing really, but the ending really makes this extra-good.

Rachel Green said...

Thank you, Doorla :)

DJ Kirkby said...

I like it. Fact.