Sunday 30 April 2017

poetry 2017 / 091

For today’s prompt, take the phrase “The (blank),” replace the blank with a word or phrase, make the new phrase the title of your poem, and then, write your poem. Possible titles could include: “The Poets,” “The Good Guys,” “The Bad Guys,” “The Last Thing She Said,” and so on.

Last Slap (I)

The time you slapped me
so hard my cheek split open on my tooth
was the last time I ever let you.
I walked out that day
and even though you told the police
I was a 'missing person'
I was easy to find
at the local hospital.

Last Slap (II)

I pulled the punches, the kicks.
I was told to hurt you
but I didn't really want to
and you cried anyway.
Consensual non-consent
anything goes, so long as it doesn't damage
or leave a lasting mark.
I think I was more shaken than you,
though the last smack
made you yelp
and to be honest,
my hand stung, too.

No comments: