Thursday 10 May 2018

10th May 2018

overnight rain
encourages dandelion blooms
budding wisteria


© Rachel Green 2018

A girl
passing by on the pavement;
a momentary distraction
as I wait at the red
of a temporary traffic signal.
She must be all of nineteen,
maybe twenty, twenty-one,
and is everything I like about the female form.
Is it wrong to fancy her?
I don't think so,
as long as I never act on it
or impinge on her in any way.
It's not her fault she's beautiful
(to me, at least)
and she won't want some old granny leering.
Oddly, when I was her age
I looked for beauty in older women
a maturity in thought
far more desirable
than transient appearance.

My computer desktop

an image of a nineteen year old;
the same image I was in love with
when I was younger than that.


© Rachel Green 2018

No comments: