Sunday 13 October 2024

13th October 2024

 



howling dog

as he races down the garden

the existence of squirrels


© Rachel Green October 2024


Things to be Grateful for


The comradery of buddies is a thing I'm thankful for;

the wagging tails of dogs when I open the front door;

a final cup of tea before I climb the wooden hill

a glass of sparkling water with which to take my morning pill.

An early morning walk on which the rain declines to fall

a session of jiu-jitsu (still my greatest love of all).

Fixing Google photos so my phone begins to sync

the splendid gift of watercolours, oil paint and ink.

The sourness of an apple and the sweetness of a grape

scarlet streams of creeper in an autumn gardenscape.

A long walk in the sunshine after several days of rain

the current lack of panic as the world dissolves again.


Recovery from covid as the recent strain recedes

means I can venture forth recounting tales of gallant deeds.


© Rachel Green October 2024


No comments: