Sunday 24 December 2023

24th December 2023

 



brightness

behind the clouds

blustery wind


© Rachel Green December 2023


Five Things Not Done

(with a nod to John Siddique)


1. I've never travelled outside Europe.

I thought about America several times, 

but I doubt I'd survive the trip, because...

well... Americans.


2. I've never had an agent.

Either for painting or writing; I've

never been popular or on the edge

of the zeitgeist


3. I've never had a child.

Though I've helped raise several

and I can't apologise enough

for the trauma they perceived.


4. I've never learned to ski;

or ice skate, rollerskate or skateboard

though I learned the art of falling down.


5. I've never seen E.T.

or The Lion King or Little Mermaid

though I know the source material so very well


© Rachel Green December 2023


No comments: