Saturday, 10 October 2026

10th October 2026


 


frightened cat

racing through a fence gap

Widget follows


© Rachel Green October 2026


Temptation


I was tempted by someone

(most would say 'the Devil'

but He doesn't do that)

to buy a bacon cob

in a crusty white bap

with a fried egg and cheese

and a free coffee.


I considered it

for the length of time it took

to walk past the shop

and far enough away to not turn back

because the smell was wonderful

but I gave up meat

because pigs are as intelligent as dogs

and an octopus even more so

and if I ate pig now

(barring starvation and end-of-world scenarios)

where would it lead?


I've heard the warnings:

one bite of bacon

is a downward slope to snatching babies

and frying them with mushrooms and onions


Society as a whole frowns on that

and bake you to death

in your own kitchen oven.


© Rachel Green October 2026


No comments: