Thursday 14 August 2008

End of a Shed

Since I missed her out yesterday, here's a picture od Trickster running. I have to say that she doesn't look terribly elegant but she's having a good time.

We did the usual walk to the field, around it and then back through the cemetery, with a slight detour at the end to get a four-pint jug of semi-skimmed from the shop. The dogs cry when I tie them up.




I think this is the first grave I've come across with the name 'Ada' - one of the secondary characters in the Harold and Jasfoup novels. Here she's surrounded by wild roses which would suit her well. In the books she's the secret lover of Lucifer and mother to Harold, though she's also half fae.






This is an interesting shed on the allotments next to the cemetery. I thought our shed in the garden was falling over but it has nothing on this one. Of course, this one wouldn't do any damage whereas ours is the size of a garage and would end up next door. I really must get some more roofing felt.


Did I ever post about the two fantastic sheds at the back of the nearby shops? Perhaps I didn't but I can't now. This was them on the 18th of June and this is them today - just a pile of planks and corrugated iron.


2 comments:

aims said...

Oh Thank God! I was worried about Trickster...especially after the post about Harold and the dog...I just thought ...well...you know...

I love the shot of the leaning shed. It's beautiful!

Are you taking all of these with your phone Rachel?

Rachel Green said...

I hadn't though of the connection; Harold's dog appears in An Ungodly Child. Azrael (the Angel of Death) keeps the ghost of Jester and gives him to Frederick.

Yes; I have a sony-ericsson K750i