Monday 4 August 2008

Flowers, Books and Art

One of the buddleias in the front garden

Its flower spikes are reminiscent of crushed velvet.

Beautiful.

By contrast, most of the ones in the back garden have self seeded themselves as white.


Some more books purchased recently.

Will Self's Perfidious Man
was a recommended One Book and happened to be one that my partner was desperate for. It's sat there waiting for DK's birthday.

The Simon Green was a gift from Liz Pastures new ... I forget who rec'd that and RW Day has long been an online friend.

The Devil's Apocrypha is work (sort of). the Virginia Woolf is a classic and someone else (?) recommended Kitchen


These are my shelves of tiny handmade books. Most of them made during the nineties and with me ever since, but the Devil Drives and I need the cash, so I've started listing them on ETSY

To the right is one of the listings, Not Enough

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Will Self's Perfidious Man is everything I hoped it would be.

aims said...

Wishing you luck as a fellow vendor on Etsy. What a neat place huh? I managed to sell a couple of pairs of slippers - to Crystal Jigsaw! LOL!

Rachel Green said...

Good to hear, Caroline :)

Thanks Aims. I'll give it a few weeks, I think.

spacedlaw said...

Lovely little books...

Rachel Green said...

Thank you :)

spacedlaw said...

Just a note to let you know that the package arrived safely while I was on holiday. It's truly lovely (and tiny). You should do more of these.

Rachel Green said...

Thank you That's good to know and I'm very glad you liked it. Yours is the only one I've ever sold, despite the dozens on my shelves.

spacedlaw said...

Would you like me to try and and advertise them on LJ?

Rachel Green said...

That's okay, thanks.

Perhaps if I do a few H&J ones...

spacedlaw said...

They do remind me of A Humument.

Rachel Green said...

Indeed! Tom Phillips: The master of concrete poetry. I have several signed lithougraphs of his, two of the signed to me :)