Wednesday 8 October 2008

Sunny Wet Meadow

I caught the brief hour of sunshine today and took the dogs to the wetland meadow.

dodging the clouds...









Rose Bay Willow Herb in autumnal pinks, next to that rusty steel drum I've photographed before.





Returned via the scraggy woodland, which looked rather pleasant in the dappled sunshine.




I found this plate on the meadow. Lobbed from one of the houses, I expect, but in good nick. Itt has names of Italian dishes around the outside. I liked it.

and took it home with me.

8 comments:

aims said...

Ahh - sunshine! So no wet boots today then Rachel.

The dogs look wonderfully happy. Are they more your dogs? or does everyone (own) them?

Good plate btw. Imagine throwing something like that out there. The rubbish strewn about still appalls me - and Gina!

Rachel Green said...

This was the wetland meadow - very wet feet.

Trickster's my dog, Jack Luisa's and Bear DK's -- though I generally feed, walk and fuss them.

spacedlaw said...

Neat find. Strange to think it was tossed away.

Rachel Green said...

I wish i could find the rest of the set!

BT said...

Great find, Rach. Lucky you. Great to be back and have had fun catching up.
xxx

Rachel Green said...

heh! Thank you Gina!

Anonymous said...

Is that seaweed on your new plate?

Rachel Green said...

It is indeed, Penny!