Friday 19 December 2008

Marry, Snog or Chuck?

Sarah, over on the Novel Racers wrote the following:

I am sure most of you will have heard of the game "Marry, snog, chuck off a cliff" where you chose a celeb you would marry, one you would snog and one you would cheerfully chuck off a cliff or other high point. As we are all writers I thought I would do a different take on it for today's coffee morning.

So my questions for you today are these:
  1. Which book do you wish you had written?
  2. Which book do you really regret reading?
  3. Which author do you admire, either for the wonderful work they have written or the fact they seem to be doing well out of writing total tripe?
  4. What book would you like to find in your stocking/under the tree this year?

I though my answers would be of interest to several readers as well as the other racers so here are mine:

1.Kate Atkinson's Human Croquet. This was so close to what I wanted to write for 'Halcyon Days' that I ended up changing the whole plot of mine so that it was nothing like hers.

2.Annie Sanders' Busy Woman Seeks Wife I honestly thought this was going to be a lesbian romance. Readable, certainly, but nothing out of the ordinary.

3. Neil Gaiman. My favourite writer, I think, though I haven't read all of his books yet. I hope my books have the otherworldly sparkle that his urban fantasies do.

4. Stephanie Weeks' Triplex Coniunctio. My blog-partner and one of my favourite writers. Getting this is unlikely as it's out of print.

There we go My marry, snog and chuck choices for this year.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

I love Neil Gaiman. I really really love him. Sigh.
x

Rachel Green said...

He is rather spiffing :)

Unknown said...

#3 - Yours really do. :)

#4 - Why didn't you say so? I'm sure I still have a copy somewhere of the horribly, horribly edited first edition. Now it would be too late!

Rachel Green said...

Dammit, woman. Get it re-published ;)

Unknown said...

All right... by whom then? ;)