Sunday 29 June 2008

Dogs and Godlings


Kilfenora cathedral, Co. Clare.

This was a picture from last Thursday that hadn't been moved off my camera for some reason. I'm sure K got a better shot of this, but I lay on the ground to get the tower of this tiny cathedral through the west gate with the clouds boiling behind it as if the apocalypse were at hand. Thanks, Gina and Jim, for taking us there.

This is Trickster and Nute, who pretend to loathe each other, sharing the back of the sofa in the sunshine yesterday. The living-cum-dining room had been turned around to make way for a very special formal dinner, and that necessitated the shoving of the sofa under the window (and the door removed). I'm sure DK will blog the meal itself, all seven courses cooked and served by dear friends*



This is the mirror in the study.

I made it a week or two after we moved it - we neededa mirror and i had the space for a piece of art. It's grown a bit since - organic art always does here.

The rag rug below it was a gift to K from Gina , who made it herself.

*This is a PG rated blog, remember

5 comments:

Maddie said...

All of the photos are wonderful. *big smile*

And I especially love the ones of both the cathedral and of Nute and Tricksy. *big big smile*

Hope that you and yours are doing all right, that things are going okay, and that today goes all right for you all.

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie

aims said...

That shot of the cathedral is great!

And the mirror! And that fantastic rug!

Rachel Green said...

Thank you :)
I made the mirror but the rug was a present from Gina to Kay

BT said...

The mirror is fabulous, Rach. Just a note, I made the rug for you, K and Lu, all 3 of you. OK, the colours were K's favorites!

The cathedral shot is fantastic. It would look great blown up and framed.

I love my photos of you!

Gina
xx

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Gina. Our two days with you was absolutely magical.