Saturday 28 June 2008

Sunshine and Sailor Suits

This was one of K's sayings - she got it from an aunt or a grandma or maiden uncle or somesuch. I think it a delightful saying.

If there's enough blue sky to make a sailor suit
it'll be sunny by tea time.


her mum recognised it when we were in Ireland and although we've had a few showers today I'm sure it'll cheer up.

Morisson's supermarket car park has three of these fantastic sculptures of fish. They're brass -- or copper -- cut out and welded to 'branches' and look like salmon jumping from the underground stream the car park was built over. I think them delightful. I'd nipped down there to recycle the plastics and pop in for a copy of 'Gardener's Monthly' but they didn't appear to have a copy. I bought the 'Gardener's World' magazine because it had an offer of three passion flowers for £2.99



This is my return Artist Trading Card for Gina. It contains a print of my first watercolour of Jasfoup, the signature from www.jasfoup.com and a tiny story (which will appear nowhere else) inside an envelope.

3 1/2" x 2 1/4"

6 comments:

Olga/Maddie said...

The trading card is wonderful. *big smile*

As is that 'fish sculpture'. *big big smile*

Hope that you and yours are doing all right, that things are going okay, and that today goes all right for you all.

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie

Jenny Beattie said...

I only discovered these 'artists cards' a few weeks ago when I saw a compilation of them in the local bookshop. They are gorgeous - proper works of art. I liked the one you were given and your watercolour.

Rachel Green said...

Thanks Maddie, JJ.

I used to do a lot of these Artists Trading Cards nd sent them all over the world. These are the first I've done in about four years.

Maddie said...

You're very welcome, my dear. *big smile*

Hugs, lovies, and stuffs for you all. *HG*

God bless and take care. :).
Olga/Maddie

BT said...

Rachel, I am so excited about my ATC from you, it looks amazing. You are SO talented.

xx

Rachel Green said...

It should be with you shortly, Gina - posted last Thursday :)